Monday, November 16, 2009

Does the chest tightness in Sarcoidosis ease??

I had Sarcoidosis in Feb 2006, although I did have terrible Erythema Nodosum in my legs I didn't have medication, and the symptoms seemed to going in Autumn last year. My eyes and lung capacity was tested and they were fine.





But now the chest tightness seems to be getting worse which can be painful when coughing or sneezing. I would love to hear what you think and if you've had experiences of your own in how to ease it.





Thanks

Does the chest tightness in Sarcoidosis ease??
It sounds as if you experienced remission with no pulmonary invovement if your pft was not diminished. Perhaps you should check with your MD anyway and get an xray to rule out fibrotic changes and consider asthma as a cause for chest tightness.
Reply:It can, but the disease can have residual affects such as mild asthma. You may need to use some bronchodilators during high allergy seasons to help or some advair to prevent any bronchospasms.





The disease can completely resolve, but the fibrotic changes can be permanent and you may have some slight residual affects.





I would talk to your doctor abou starting on advair or asmanex to control the cough and chest tightness. You probably have some asthma as a result. PFT's may or may not show it completely.

periwinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment